My research mainly involves theory and applications in Intelligent Robot Assistants, Human-Robot Interaction, Multi-camera Systems, and 3D Reconstruction. More specifically, my research interests include:
- Benchmark definitions for the performance of intelligent robot assistants
- 3D reconstruction applications using multi-view algorithms
- Multi-camera vision systems for surveillance of a robot’s working environment
- Bio-inspired and geometrical approaches for analysis of crowd dynamics
- Software and hardware integration for mobile robotics.
Please also check my personal page for the latest updates and information.
Employed as a postdoc in FP7 projects “ACAT”.
Employed as a researcher in numerous FP6 & FP7 projects such as “ACROBOTER”, “ViewFinder”, “NOPTILUS” & “AVERT”.
Ph.D. in Robot Vision. Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Production Engineering and Management, Xanthi, Greece
Ph.D. Dissertation title: Multi-camera systems for Navigation of Robotic Systems and Surveillance
Diploma degree in Production Engineering and Management. Democritus University of Thrace, Department of Production Engineering and Management, Xanthi, Greece
Diploma thesis title: Vergence Angle Estimation for an Active Vision Head